Friday, February 12, 2016

Final Fabric

1. Did you use a wide range of values? Explain how this is evident.
Yes. It is evident in my piece that I used a wide range of values. I tried to blend really well to create the look and folds of the fabric. The white colored pencil is the light parts of it and I also used black pencil to darken it.

2. Explain how your knowledge and creating practice studies with value contributed to your piece.
Practicing the fabric piece really helped because I was able to find out what type of medium I liked the best and how to actually draw fabric. I think I made a lot of progress since my first time drawing fabric.

3. Describe the blending and transitions in your fabric (discuss your use of pressure with pencil/colored pencil/charcoal pencil and other techniques to achieve this.)
I blended from white to black through prismacolor colored pencils and I used pressure without blending to create the light/dark contrast.

4. Explain how your interpretation of texture is essential in capturing the look of the object.
Texture is very important when drawing because it makes the piece 3D and gives people the opportunity to see what the object would really look like.

5. If you could recreate your pieces what would you do differently to enhance the final outcome?
If I could recreate it, I would probably try using different colored color pencils or use charcoal, just to get more practice with different types of drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment