Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spray Paint Project

This is for an upcoming project that we are going to do.  On photoshop, I reduced the colors to three to four colors so that it will be easier to spraypaint later in the project.  I picked colors that would work with the paint we have and the colors resemble the different lighting in the picture.  But, I'm mostly putting this on the blog so it won't get lost.

Value Scale Drawing

This is my drawing of a sea turtle swimming in the ocean.  We printed out a picture of our choice, and outlines the specific and different light values throughout this photo.  We then transfered it onto a piece of paper through multiple steps and colored it in like it is in the photo.  I think I did pretty well on this project and I got most of the lighting correct on it.  The most difficult project was probably the turtle, because it was a lot more complex then the rest of the picture.  I learned that shading is very important when drawing and takes a lot of time.

Thursday, February 7, 2013


On Photoshop today, we took a photo that had more that two colors in it and made it so it only had two colors.  We also made it more simple so that we will be able to draw it on the sidewalk as a later project.

Butterfly Shadow

This is a picture of my art on photoshop.  We learned how to create shadows on pictures and we also were able to remove the background of the picture from the last lesson.  I chose a butterfly because it is something that flies and I think it would be perfect to use to make a shadow for.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Rhino at the beach

Today we worked on photoshot and learned how to copy and paste.  We got this rhino picture and removed the background, then gave it a new one.  I think i did well on this and it was cool learning how to use photoshop.


These are my drawings of Chic, the skeleton.  The one on the left is the one I drew on the first day of school.  The drawing on the right is the one i drew a few days ago.  I think I made a huge improvement and I learned how to draw better.  I payed more attention to the fact that the ribs are all different and go around the back.  The first time I did it it was more from my stored memory of a skeleton.  Even though I didn't get to finish  my second one, I think I did a lot better because I spent more time on it and focused.  If I were to do this project again, I think I would make the ribs better, and hopefully improve all together.  I think the most difficult part of this project was trying to make the ribs look real, and make them go around the back and stuff.  That was pretty hard.  I learned a lot about drawing in this last week, and this drawing especially helped me.