Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Relief















This unit, we learned about relief and created clay tiles and used cardboard. The first mini lesson was the clay tile, and was probably the hardest of the two. I think it was a lot harder to create something out of clay than out of cardboard. I created a hibiscus flower with the clay, and a world map with the cardboard. They both were really fun and cool to make and I am happy with the results!


My final project for the unit was a cardboard relief, in which I carved out a tiger. The way I did it was the opposite of the world map relief. Instead of carving out everything except the tiger, I carved the tiger and kept the rest.

I Take Risks
My first idea for this project was to do something with wax. Like carve the picture out of a candle or something but it didn't work out so I decided just to go with the cardboard. I also couldn't decide if it would look good or not with the pattern and lines of the cardboard but I think it turned out really well and I am happy with it.

I Reflect
The last paragraph sort of goes along with this as well. I wasn't sure if my ideas would work, but it ended up alright. My first idea didn't work but I figured it out and decided on the cardboard, which I think was the best choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment