Tuesday, February 3, 2015

3d-Printed Zoetrope Sculptures- First Sculpture Post!

This is my first post of the Sculpture class! John Edmark is an artist who creates these 3d sculptures that become animated when filmed under a strobe light or with the help of a camera with a really short shutter speed. "The rotation speed is synchronized to the strobe so that one flash occurs every time the sculpture turns 137.5 degrees- the golden angle."
Here is some of his work: 




John Edmark is a lecturer at Stanford in the design program of the department of art and art history. I think his work is amazing and inspires me to do the best I can at my art. I really like how when he designs it he can predict and design it so that it will be able to move when using a light or camera. That takes serious art and math skills and it boggles my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment