Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Printing Project

For this "printing project," first, we printed out pictures of an animal of our choice.  I picked the blue bird.  We also printed out a couple backgrounds that would go with that animal, so that when we draw this, we have an idea of what our animal and the background looks like.  I then drew my blue bird, and my background, which was basically a branch, where the bird would sit.  While drawing, we had to pay attention to how it was going to look on the rubber, which we used to make the print.  I added lines to the bird that kind of went with the flow of it's feathers, so it had texture and looked natural (kinda haha) Then, I put the rubber underneath of the paper, and tracing what I drew, so that it would translate onto the rubber.  Then I used a knife type of thing, and carved out my bird onto the rubber.  All the shaded in parts we cut out as well.  After this was finished, I used a paint roller to roll the paint on my rubber print thing and then laid it on a piece of paper.  It now looks like this! 
This was not the best print that I made, and I have some better ones, but this is basically what it is supposed to look like.  I also added a Santa hat for the fun of it. :)  Also if you turn your head sideways (clockwise) It looks like a weird different kind of bird... I totally did that on purpose..
And also there is my wonderful face (on the right) in the process of this making this project, with my paint roller.

I think this project was really fun and I learned some things from it.  I think I did mostly well on it, but I could have made it a bit more real looking.  Over all, I think i did pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment