Thursday, September 26, 2013

Barbie Projects

Over the past few days, we've been working on what we call the "Barbie Project." If you actually had a human sized Barbie, it would look very disproportional.  What we did, was we took celebrities and we changed them so that they had the proportions of a cartoon character.  The first one I did was Matt Smith (The 11th Doctor in Doctor Who) and turned him into Sullivan from Monsters Inc.  This was not my best one, but here it is. 
Yeah it was a pretty crazy idea... but I think it's hilarious! The think I don't like about it though, is proportion-wise, he doesn't look that much different, besides the fact that he looks a lot bigger. I did do SOME changes to his face but I think my other ones are better.
The next one I did is Leonardo DiCaprio and Spongebob.  I also think this one is hilarious.
I think I did a lot better on this one. I erased spongebob's face and took Leonardo's face and stuck it on there. I then blended it on and made it look all good. Then I had some fun... I made his nose stick out like the cartoon character, Spongebob, and blew up his cheeks and added freckles. I also gave him buck teeth and eyelashes :) It was really fun doing this.
Then, yesterday I turned Harry Styles (One Direction band member) into Phineas from the Disney Channel show Phineas and Ferb.
I really like this one... I'm not sure why. But I think it looks pretty darn awesome.

Overall, this project was really cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment