Monday, April 22, 2013

Clay and Sculpting

In our library, we are fortunate enough to have a class set of iPads that we are allowed to use for our art class.  There is an app called "123d sculpt" and you can use it to sculpt and make something out of clay on the app.  This is sometimes used for models of something artists are actually going to make, or it can just be used for fun.  We used these iPads and made a model of an actual clay sculpture we were going to make.

This is the model I made, and it is sort of supposed to be like an alien type of thing.  But it has a mustache.
This is the actual clay model I made, but it is different than the model on the iPad because I decided I wanted to do something different.  This is a teddy bear, and if you didn't notice, it has a bow tie  which is probably the most important part of the whole thing.
The bear is hollow, but it has little balls inside, so that when it goes into the kilt and hardens, we can shake it and it will be a rattle thing.  I really like clay, so this was a fun subject for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment